Serving People Facing Criminal Charges In And Around Houston, Texas
When you’re facing criminal charges, it’s important to have the right attorney on your side. Criminal defense attorney Letitia Quinones-Hollins has more than two decades of experience fighting for people who have been charged with crimes in Texas.
Letitia and her team understand the impact that criminal charges can have on you and your family. That’s why Quinones & Associates is committed to providing complete, personalized service to our clients. That means:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the substantive law relating to Texas criminal prosecutions
- A deep understanding of the sometimes-complicated procedures and technical requirements in the criminal courts of Harris County and surrounding counties
- The resources and commitment to thoroughly investigate the charges against you and build the strongest possible case in your favor
- Recognition that every client is different and every criminal case is different and that the right approach for you depends in part on your goals and priorities
- An understanding that someone facing the stress and disruption of criminal charges needs more than just our skills and experience — we’re here to talk, listen and ensure that you know exactly what’s happening with your case at any time
When you hire Quinones & Associates to fight your criminal charges, we aren’t just your lawyers — we’re your team.
What's At stake in a texas criminal case?
If you’ve been charged with a crime in Texas, you probably know that you may be facing jail time and/or fines. Depending on the nature of the charges, some of the other consequences may be:
- Community service
- Mandatory counseling and drug or alcohol treatment, or other programs
- Suspension or revocation of your driver’s license
- Registration requirements
It’s also important to note that not all consequences of a criminal conviction are imposed by the court. For example, certain criminal convictions may impact your access to housing, eligibility for federal financial aid for higher education and even employment opportunities. At Quinones & Associates, we understand that these indirect consequences can have a serious impact on your future. We’re committed to giving you the most comprehensive information possible about your options and the direct and indirect consequences of a conviction so that you can make the best decision for yourself and your family.
Our criminal defense representation
Our criminal defense lawyers handle a wide range of charges, with a focus on complex cases in both state and federal courts. That may mean a serious felony case, a murder charge, or a misdemeanor case with complex facts or sophisticated legal arguments.
The case types that we handle include:
- Drug possession
- Assault/family violence
- White-collar crime
- Sex crimes
- Juvenile offenses
- Probation violations
- Parole violations
- Weapons charges
- Expungement/sealing of criminal records
Whatever the charges, we’ll fight hard for you. That starts with getting to know you, listening to your story and understanding your priorities. Then, we’ll assess the prosecution’s case against you, conduct our own investigation, and identify any weaknesses in the prosecution’s case and evidence that work in your favor.
We’re prepared to fight your case on multiple fronts, such as:
- Filing and arguing pretrial motions to suppress evidence that may have been illegally obtained, excluding confessions that may have been involuntary, and working on other issues that may weaken or destroy the prosecution’s case
- Negotiating with the prosecution for the most favorable plea agreement possible, if that is in your best interest
- Preparing for trial and arguing your case to a jury, if that’s the best approach for you
To learn more about how we can help you fight the charges against you and weather the challenging days ahead, call 713-481-7420 or fill out the contact form on this site.