Letitia Quinones-Hollins in Forbes
Letitia D. Quinones-Hollins
Letitia Quinones-Hollins brings more than 23 years of white collar and criminal law experience to her clients in Houston, throughout the state of Texas, and across the nation. A graduate of Texas Southern University’s Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Letitia began her legal career in a partnership and subsequently accepted an apprenticeship under the tutelage of the legendary Robert A. Jones. After spending five years under his guidance, Letitia branched out on her own and formed Quinones & Associates, PLLC. In 2011, she accepted an offer to move her practice into the heart of historical River Oaks to work alongside one of the most critically acclaimed criminal defense attorneys in Texas, Chip B. Lewis.
Currently, Letitia works closely with the prominent and nationally acclaimed trial attorney Rusty Hardin of Rusty Hardin and Associates, PLLC. In the fall of 2020, Letitia officially became “Of Counsel” with Rusty Hardin and Associates. Here, she played a pivotal role in Texas v. Arkema, in which the chemical producer Arkema faced criminal charges when organic peroxides were released into the air during and following the flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey. Letitia was a part of the trial team that was able to have all charges against the company dropped. She is also a member of the trial team defending Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson.
Letitia’s practice is focused on the areas of white-collar crime and complex criminal litigation. These areas have become a passion and a calling for her. She works aggressively and tirelessly defending the rights of individuals all over the country charged with crimes; she has made an exceptional name for herself as a criminal trial lawyer and enjoys a high rate of success. Letitia also fights cases from complex misdemeanors to state and federal felonies. In addition to handling cases, she is frequently invited to speak across the country on issues plaguing our criminal justice system.
- J.D., Texas Southern University – Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 1998
- B.A., Clark Atlanta University, 1995
State Bar of Texas
- Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- The State of Texas v. Arkema (directed verdict after a six-week trial)
- Stand your ground case – The State of Texas v. Crystal Scott (a young black woman charged with murdering a young white male after he viciously threatened her; the murder case was dismissed
- The State of Texas v. Noel Dean (a young black man falsely accused of murdering his wife; the case was dismissed in the middle of the trial after cross-examination of the state’s medical examiner)
- The State of Texas v. Chad Holley (a young black man beaten by police officers)
- The State of Texas v. Johnny Jolly (Green Bay Packers NFL player)
- Best Attorneys of America
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- NACDL Race Matters Seminar – Infusing Information on Race, Socioeconomic Status and Culture in Mitigation
- Ringing Liberty’s Bell – Race and Voir Dire, Harris County Public Defender’s Office
- Cross-Examination Techniques, Harris County Public Defender’s Office
- Winning Women in Trial, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Voir Dire on Self-Defense, State Bar of Texas
- Advanced Criminal Law Course – Sexual Assault
- Best Lawyers in America (2023-2024)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators (2023-2024)
- Top 30 Women in Houston
- Top 50 Lawyers in Houston