Personal Injury Law
If you’ve been seriously injured in a car crash or other accident, you’re likely facing many problems at once. You may need ongoing medical care or rehabilitation. You’re probably managing pain and perhaps physical limitations. You may be taking medication that impacts your energy or clarity. At the same time, life keeps moving. You still have to find a way to pay the bills, though you may be unable to work. And you’re likely accumulating medical bills and other injury-related expenses.
You probably know you have options for pursuing compensation. But it may feel like you don’t have the time or mental bandwidth to sort that all out.
Fortunately, you don’t have to figure it out on your own. The attorneys at Quinones & Associates understand the stress you’re under. They also know how important it is to protect your personal injury claim and to give you the best opportunity to secure fair compensation.
What is Personal Injury?
In general terms, “personal injury” describes the type of Texas legal claim you may have if you’re injured through the fault of someone else. Some common examples are:
- Being injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver
- Being hit by a car that ran a red light
- Being rear-ended by a driver who was texting instead of watching the road
- Slipping and falling in a store because the business failed to clean up or warn of a spill
In simple terms, you may have a personal injury claim if:
- Someone has a responsibility to you (or generally to the public or a group you fall into)
- That person doesn’t live up to that responsibility
- His or her failure to live up to that responsibility causes an accident
- You have damages as a result
Not sure if you have a personal injury claim? You’re not alone. The law can be complicated. That’s one reason the attorneys at Quinones & Associates offer free consultations to Houston injury victims. One of our experienced Harris County personal injury lawyers can explain in greater detail how the law applies to your case and advise you on the best next steps.
How Long Do I Have to File a Texas Personal Injury Case?
What Kind of Damages Are Available in a Houston Personal Injury Case?
The answer to this question is different in every case, but some common types of damages that Texas injury victims recover are:
- Medical expenses (already incurred and anticipated future costs)
- Lost income (already lost and anticipated future lost earnings)
- Other costs associated with the injury, such as equipment and paid household assistance or transportation
- Noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering
Your attorney will be able to give you a clearer idea of the type of damages that may be available in your specific case.
Why Quinones & Associates?
Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience necessary to manage the substantive and procedural aspects of your personal injury case, negotiate on your behalf and — if necessary — fight for you in the courtroom. But we also know that’s not enough.
Our lawyers will be by your side every step of the way, making sure you understand what’s happening and you know what to expect getting your questions answered, and you can have confidence that your case is in good hands and our team is on your side.
Ready to hand off this burden so you can focus on yourself, your family, and your recovery? Pick up the phone right now and call 713-481-7420 to schedule your free consultation. Or if you prefer, fill out our contact form and we’ll get in touch with you.